Peter Vogel CMI Pro Ver 2 is a Fairlight CMI brought to the future on iOS. Experience music making ‘80s style with this awesome retro app, modelled on the legendary Fairlight* Computer Musical Instrument. Preloaded with 500+ CMI Series II sounds and 100+ Series III sounds, for the first time a byte-perfect re-issue of the classic CMI sounds of the 80s. This app includes the famous ‘Page R’, which was the world’s first screen-based rhythm sequencer. Today every sampler, digital synthesiser, sequencer and audio workstation can trace its lineage back to this legendary machine. Now you can make music using tools like those used by artists including Alan Parsons, Jean Michel Jarre, Trevor Horn, Thomas Dolby, Brian Eno, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder and so many more. This app is a part midi player, part creative tool and part history lesson – developed by Peter Vogel and his nerds who worked on the Fairlight CMI in the ’80s.
- entire original CMI IIX Sound library containing 564 voices*
- 100+ selected CMI III sounds - play the CMI voices from an external MIDI input (supports Core Midi, Line6 MidiMobilizer II or Akai SynthStation), or use the on-screen keyboard*
- Sample your own voices from the microphone or line in, then use them in your compositions
- display voices graphically using the iconic Page D, and change your viewpoint by tilting your iPhone/iPad*
- authentic CMI user interface experience, including floppy disk quirks*
- 8 track composition using ‘Page R’ pattern-based sequencer
- create instrument sets that store settings for all 8 channels, including the voices, pitch shifts, volumes, release times etc.
- import/export voices, compositions, MIDI and instruments and exchange with others.
CMI Pro Version 2 is available for $49.99