SoundScaper is an experimental sound mini lab for creating unusual soundscapes, atmospheric textures, drones, glitches and noises based on circuit bending ideas.
With this application you can easy experimented with creation new and unusual sounds from ordinary samples. For sound designers and those interested in creating ambient or experimental electronic music, with filtering and mixing of up to three oscillators, you can create excellent soundscapes, textures and drones for your music or for movie soundtrack or entertainment apps and games.
The oscillators, based on simulating schematics of actual 8 bit lofi sound playback chips, have circuit bending like controls that are ideal for making glitches, noises, crackles and granular sounds. Combined with the filtering and spatial mixing options, you can expand these sounds to deep and atmospheric textures. Finally you can add motion and continuous changes to your sounds via low frequency oscillators which can control the filter and mixer parameters.
Controls based on shorting and modifications of standard circuits of sound generating devices usually give random and unpredictable changes that can be very creative. The emulation of these kinds of controls within SoundScaper are very similar to the circuit bending principle but, additionally, have several advanced functions that are not easy to realize in actual devices. This allows you can make any changes in the virtual circuit on the fly and immediately hear the new sound without fear of the kinds of damage that might occur in a real device as a result of a failed modification.
Here’s what’s new in SoundScaper 1.1:
Advanced control panel for all faders and rotary knobs opened by double tap.
Simple automation of changing values in advanced control panels.
Advanced control panels for filter and delay modules
New delay module with a smooth change of time.
Additional low-pass and high-pass filters for delay.
Phase shift mode for each channel in delay module.
Changing oscillator without closing oscillator control panel.
Mute and Solo mode for each oscillator.
Option to generate oscillator parameters without changing current sample.
Possibility to create new empty scene in the scenes manager.
Additional samples in built-in samples library.
Built-in description updated.
Minor bug fixes.
● Three sample-based oscillators with circuit bending like controls.
● Three LP, HP, BP filters and two range delay for each oscillator.
● Spatial mixer/reverb with side and distance for each sound source.
● Three low frequency oscillators for automation mixer and filters.
● Possibility to randomly generating parameters for each oscillator.
● Built-in library of natural samples grouped by categories.
● Scenes for storing and loading all operation parameters.
● Possibility to download additional samples in different audio formats.
● Uploading samples thru Web access, audio clipboard, from another app and iTunes.
● Different color schemes available for the user interface.
● Detailed application description.
● Supports Audiobus with “State Saving” feature.
● Inter-App audio compatible.
Third generation of iPad and higher is recommended (especially with Inter-app audio and Audiobus).
SoundScaper is available for $5.99