SunVox is the Most Powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small, fast and powerful modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker). With this program you can compose music anywhere. On any device. It also available (for FREE!) for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Maemo, PalmOS, Android, and other systems.
What’s New in Version 1.7.3
* added Virtual MIDI Port;
* support of Audiobus;
* support of JACK Audio Connection Kit for iOS; http://ipadproducers.com/connect-audio-apps-for-free/
* support of 4-Inch display;
* improved Compressor algorithm;
* default base note for WAV/AIFF samples is C5;
* SunVox file is now includes additional information: timeline cursor position, current module, current pattern;
* sound engine optimization;
* added options for the MultiSynth: Use static note C5 (treat all received notes as C5); Ignore notes with zero velocity;
* new Pattern Editor function – Slice by cursor;
* added MIDI import; now you can load any MIDI files directly through the Load Song dialog;
* added support of the following MIDI commands: Start, Continue, Stop;
* number of MetaModule User Defined Controllers can be changed from 0 to 13;
* added MIDI Omni Mode (all MIDI channels will be accepted);
* new option in the Preferences->Interface: Show virtual keyboard; use it to show or hide virtual qwerty keyboard;
* scrolling when highlighting in the Sample Editor;
* per-pattern Mute/Solo (Timeline menu -> Toggle mute / Toggle solo);
* Vorbis Player is now supports the sample offset commands (09 and 07);
* added ability to create a new pattern by double clicking on an empty area of the Timeline;
* new Timeline function – Slice Pattern(s) (knife position = current playing position);
* new std. pattern effect 23 – set controller value to the random number with range from XX (00..FF) to YY (00..FF);
* new std. pattern effect 1F – set BPM;
* new songs: Manwe – Early Fall remake (original by Tangrine), kostya_m – Midnight, take_my_hand, follow_the_sun;
* new simple examples: metamodule_test, metamodule_with_automation, random_ctl_values_with_range, trance, compressor2;
* new instrument (pads): moving_pad, vocal_synth, filter_slide_up, analog, analog2, analog3, analog_distorted, space, violin, violin2, violin3, violin4;
* new instrument (keyboard): analog10, fm2, bell2;
* bugs fixed.
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi export/import;
• MIDI import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Real-time recording;
• Audiobus and JACK support.
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu – button with wrench in the upper right corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another? For multitouch devices: first touch on source, second touch on destination. For other devices: select the first module (source); click on the LINK button; select the second module (destination).
REC button is only for notes and controllers recording. If you want to record sound – use the Sampler module (REC button under the Sampler controllers).
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more …
SunVox is available for $5.99