Epic 64-voice Virtual Analog / PCM iPad Synth. Inspired by the Digital Synths of the 80s and 90s – 100% of proceeds from this app go to support the AudioKit open-source project & AudioKit Synth One.
What’s new in Version 1.0.4
LOADS OF MICROTONALITY FEATURES ADDED:
+ Digital D1 can now open Scala Files: On your iPad select a link to a Scala file ending in “.scl” and you will see “Copy to Digital D1” as an option.
+ You can now use AudioKit Synth One to send Scales to Digital D1!
This functionality is kind of like Ableton Link, but, for Tuning.
How does this work? Go to the “Tune” panel in Synth One. There’s a new button called “TuneUp” (starting w/ version 1.0.3), click on that to open D1. You can also share master tuning setting.
+ New “Back” Button & Scale “Reset” buttons in D1 when using a scale from another app.
+ NEW Master Tuning knob on the bottom of the “FX” panel in D1 It goes from 432 to 440. If you want a wider range, you can set the tuning from Synth One
+ D1 now loads last used preset when restarted
+ Under the hood: Over 3,000+ lines of code have been re-worked as we fine-tune AUv3.
We are working every single day of the week on it. And, won’t rest until we get it to you. We’re in it for the marathon. We’ll always be updating and adding cool stuff to Digital D1.
ONE MORE THING: If you were an early adopter of D1, we have a special gift. Your copy of Digital D1 will be upgraded to the Platinum Edition in this update. Meaning, you’ll get all future sound expansions free for life. We’ve got a few great expansions planned this year. And, you’ll get every one of them for free as a thank you for your early support and patience. If your copy of D1 qualifies, you’ll see the “Platinum Edition” text on the Preset Panel after this update.
COMING TO DIGITAL D1 SOON:
+ AUv3 Plugin functionality
+ Free & IAP Expansion Cards (All Free with Platinum Edition)
+ MPE support
+ Video Tutorial/Instructions on Using D1
+ More bug fixes and upgrades
• 64-voice Hybrid Digital Poly Synthesis.
• Full 1+ Gigabyte of original samples recorded from analog & fm synths over 30+ years old
• Space-saving Compression – The whole app is under 150mb!
• Dual layers per voice. Keyboard splits. Velocity Scaling.
• Vintage-style Arp/Step Sequencer that can be routed to specific layers.
• 3 LFOs. Fun Routings. LFOs can modify other LFOs.
• Dual Independent per-Layer filters
• Plus, per-voice Harmonic key-tracked Envelope filters.
• FX: Glorious Reverb, Phaser, Digital Delay, Distortion, Flanger, Chorus, Crush, and more.
• Inter-app Audio & AudioBus 3
• Perfect with a MIDI Keyboard
• Ableton Link
• All kinds of awesome stuff
• The Sound. Oh, the sound. You won’t believe it.
“Digital D1 synth is pure ‘80s and ‘90s digital lushness” – Computer Music/Music Radar
“Beautiful. Lush. Modern and Amazing… An Instant Classic.”
Works on iPad 4 and above.
Get this app HERE